Since its introduction in 1992, the Jeep® Grand Cherokee has revolutionized the sport-utility (SUV) market. With best-in-class tractive capability and best-in-class power, the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed, engineered and built to master every imaginable day-to-day driving condition, whether on-road or off-road.
‘Whether it’s on-road or off-road that your travels lead you, the Jeep Grand Cherokee cuts a trail no other SUV can follow,’ said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Marketing, Chrysler Group. ‘Just as it did when it debuted on the market, the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee sets the benchmark for off-road capability and continues to do so for on-road refinement.’
For 2007, Jeep Grand Cherokee is the first to offer a diesel engine in the full-size SUV segment. The new 3.0-liter common rail turbo diesel (CRD) engine offers up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy, class-leading torque, outstanding towing capacity (7,400 lbs. when properly equipped) and class-leading driving range (approximately 425 miles). Also new for the 2007 model year is a flex-fuel-capable, 4.7-liter, single-overhead-cam (SOHC) V-8 engine, which gives customers the ability to use up to an 85 percent concentration of ethanol (E-85) to fuel their vehicles.
The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee also adds side-curtain air bags with roll-detection system as a standard safety feature. Remote start is included as standard on Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Overland, and optional on Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
‘WHAT’S NEW FOR 2007′
– Five new colors: Red Rock Crystal, Light Graystone, Steel Blue Metallic, Jeep Green Metallic, Mineral Gray Metallic
– Narrow molded-in-color black body molding for Laredo (Laredo appearance upgrade)
– Body color door handles on all Laredos
– Revised rear taillights
– Brushed aluminum stainless steel front sill guards on Overland
– Improved finish on upper instrument panel
– Color keyed interior color cup holders
– Center console bezel changed from black to match other interior bezels — Laredo
– Chrome accent HVAC knobs — Laredo
– Cut and sew padded vinyl center arm rest — Limited
– Chrome rings on instrument gauges — Laredo
Powertrain / Chassis
– 3.0-liter Common Rail Diesel (CRD) engine with Dana 44 axle in 2WD models (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
– Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) standard
– 4.7-liter SOHC V-8 Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
– Remote start
– Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) standard on 3.7-liter engine
– Standard tires: P245/65R17 Goodyear Fortera replaces Wrangler SRA and HP
Safety and Security
– ParkSense® Rear Back-up System on Laredo
– ParkView Rear Back-up Camera — Available Laredo and Limited
– Active turn signals — ’3-Blink Lane Change’
– Standard side curtain air bags
– Fog lamps optional on Laredo Package
– Laredo Popular Equipment Group with heated seats, remote start and adjustable pedals optional on Laredo Package
– Sun and Sound Group with AM/FM/six-disc CD and power sun roof optional on Laredo Package
vPremium Sound Group with Boston Acoustics and SIRIUS optional on Laredo Package
Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President – Design, Chrysler Group: ‘The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers an athletic and contemporary appearance. It is proof that there is no reason that a capable vehicle can’t be comfortable and polished.’
Exterior Ready to Take Action
With its upright and substantial posture, the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s design offers an athletic and contemporary appearance. The exterior design has a high belt line and a reduced glass-to-body proportion. The signature seven-slot grille boldly dominates the front view. The Grand Cherokee Laredo features a body-color grille, while a chrome-plated grille accents the Limited.
The shape of the body is designed to protect the sides of the vehicle from potential road debris. The bodyside molding also has the integrated Grand Cherokee name for a high-quality look and feel. At the side, a proportionately longer hood and greater distance between the center of the front axle and the base of the windshield emphasize the engine compartment and help to achieve a more powerful image.
Interior Design Elegant and Functional
The Jeep Grand Cherokee takes capability and refinement to new levels. An inviting interior awaits occupants with a rich, two-tone instrument panel treatment, door trims and upscale interior finishes.
Jeep Grand Cherokee’s seats are beautifully crafted with contours that are precise, firm and ergonomic, featuring a robust structure. They are purpose-built and designed for long-distance comfort with trim styles different for each model: Laredo features cloth and optional leather, while Limited seats are two-tone leather with perforated inserts.
The dramatic and elegant instrument panel design offers a high degree of precision. Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo adds chrome control buttons for 2007, and all models have upgraded interior appointments. The instrument panel features a dark upper color and lighter lower color. Multiple bins are available for additional storage.
In the rear cargo area, versatility and storage reign. A reversible load-floor panel is carpeted on one side and offers easy-to-clean plastic on the other. The plastic side includes a large shallow tray for additional utility.
Craig Love, Vice President – Rear-Wheel Drive Product Team, Chrysler Group: ‘True to its Jeep heritage, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed to be the most capable 4×4 in its class. The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers the best of all worlds. With three full-time 4×4 systems and four superior engine offerings, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is the real thing.’
Price this car:
MSRP: $27,990 -$43,015
Invoice: $25,691 -$39,098
Source: Jeep Press Release