HIROSHIMA, JapanâMazda Motor Corporation today announced the launch of the special edition Mazda Roadster Blaze Edition for the Japanese domestic market. Mazdaâs world-renowned lightweight, open-top sports car has been newly outfitted with top-quality interior and exterior features. The Blaze Edition soft-top model goes on sale from today at all Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealers throughout Japan, with the Power Retractable Hard Top (PRHT) version following in April 2007.
The Roadster Blaze Edition takes its name from related words such as âsparkle,â âblinding light,â and âfiery color,â and the images they evoke. It reflects these expressive words in its exterior, which has been enhanced by the addition of special parts, such as forged alloy wheels, which were produced by BBS Japan Co. Ltd. The Blaze Edition also features many chrome and clear parts and an exclusive deep wine-red body color, Radiant Ebony Mica. In contrast, a combination of sand beige and black leather is used extensively for the interior. Accented with various alloy parts to maximize the high-quality feel, the Blaze Edition is both sporty and elegant.
The manufacturerâs suggested retail prices (including consumption tax) for the soft-top models are 2,840,000 yen for the six-speed manual transmission (MT) version and 2,870,000 yen for the six-speed automatic transmission (AT) version. The prices for the Power Retractable Hard Top models are 3,040,000 yen for the six-speed MT version and 3,135,000 yen for the six-speed AT version.
Main features of the Roadster Blaze Edition
* Roadster (soft-top model) RS six-speed MT and VS six-speed AT
* Roadster Power Retractable Hard Top RS RHT six-speed MT and VS RHT six-speed AT [all with 2.0-liter DOHC engine/ front-engine, rear wheel drive (RWD)]
* Forged 17-inch alloy wheels which were made by BBS Japan Co. Ltd.
These wheels were exclusively designed with a chrome finish for maximum impact. Lighter than the base model roadsterâs wheels, they contribute to improved driving performance. (N.B. The 6-speed AT grade features both an increased diameter âinch-upâ wheel rims and a front strut towerbar.)
* Exclusive chrome parts
Used for side markers, front grille garnish*, outer door handle covers* and headlight bezels*
* Exclusive clear parts
Used for front indicators, side marker lenses and high-mounted brake light*
* Black cloth soft-top (soft-top model only)
* Front fog lights and fog light bezels (black)
*Note: These are standard equipment on the base models, Roadster RS RHT and VS RHT.
* Exclusive sand beige leather seats and door trim
Sand beige genuine leather seat upholstery and sand beige synthetic leather door trim
* Exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel and parking brake covers (with beige stitching)
* Exclusive shift boot (with beige stitching; for the six-speed MT model only)
* Exclusive air vent bezel rings and dial rings (bright aluminum)
* Decoration panel (bright aluminum)
* Stainless steel scuff plates
Radiant Ebony Mica is exclusive to the Roadster Blaze Edition. The deep green Highland Green Mica that has recently been added to the standard model color range is also available, making for a total of two color choices available for this special edition Roadster.
Price this car:
MSRP: not available yet
Invoice: not available yet
Source: Mazda Press Release